Frequently Asked QuestionsPlease review our list of Frequently Asked Questions below. If you have a question that is not on this list, call us or contact us via e-mail anytime!
- What is New Generations’ Routing Number?
- How do I order checks?
You may send in the reorder slip in your checkbook, order online at www.checksconnect.com, contact our Member Information Center, or stop by any branch.
- How do I change my name on my accounts?
Stop by any branch. You will need to provide positive identification indicating your new name.
- How do I place a stop payment?
Contact the Member Information Center by calling 804.359.8754 (option 3) or visit any branch.
- What should I do if I forget my PIN number on my ATM/Debit card?
Visit any of our branch locations to have your card re-pinned. A $5 fee may apply.
- How do I change my address?
Stop by any of our five branches to complete a "Change of Address" form or call the Member Information Center at 804.359.8754 (option 3) and ask a representative to fax or mail the form to you.
- What is your fax number?
Thomas J. Amiss Center (main office) - 804.359.8799
City Hall - 804.646.7853
Chesterfield – 804.897.9242
Southside - 804.230.4945
Mechanicsville - 804.730.6379
- What is Regulation D?
Regulation D limits the number of certain transfers a credit union may allow a member to make from a share (savings) account. A member is permitted up to six withdrawals or transfers per month. No more than 3 can be made by sharedraft, check, or similar item payable to a third party when:
- Made by telephone, fax, or personal computer (for example to your telephone company)
- Made by telephone, fax, or personal computer to another account of yours at the credit union.
- Made by preauthorized, automatic, or bill payer service for transfer to your other accounts at New Generations or to a third party (for example – your house payment is debited automatically from your account each month.)
When the limit is met, New Generations is unable to transfer or withdraw in any manner, it is restricted for the remainder of the month. This could cause NSF checks and fees on checking or money market accounts. To avoid problems, have automatic payments deducted from your checking/sharedraft account and keep plenty of your direct deposit in your checking/sharedraft account.
- When will I know if I have been approved for a loan?
You can expect a quick turnaround, usually within 24 hours.
- Why is my balance and available balance different?
There may be check or debit holds on the account.
- I have become locked out of home banking, what should I do?
Click on the "Forgot my Password" link from the Home Banking login page and you will be prompted to reset your password. If you have any further problems, contact our Member Information Center at 804.359.8754 (option 3) to request to have your PIN reset. Once you log back in to home banking you will be able to change the PIN to whatever you choose. Remember to choose a PIN that you will remember.